Thursday, October 14, 2010

1964 in Colorado.  White Levi pants, dark socks, I'm 14 and this is what was "in" to wear at my high school (Glenbrook North).  Mom took the photo so she wouldn't have to be in it.  Dad was in "drive" mode.  I'm sure we had many more miles to cover.  My Father had a real problem relaxing.  He had ulcers and was a type "A" personality.  He also had a wonderful Irish tenor voice.  He would often break out singing while driving or fishing.  My Mom and I enjoyed it greatly.

2 comments:

  1. You were BLONDE! I don't think I ever realized this. I'm assuming hair-bleaching wasn't in vogue yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't think I was THAT blonde. I used to put lemon juice in my hair and then sunbathe at Glencoe Beach (Lake Michigan). It would lighten your hair and you smelled lemoney which was considered cool then.

    ReplyDelete