Sunday, October 17, 2010

My best friend, Rob Menary and I at Pat O'Reilly's bar on Bourbon St., August 1969.  Just a few days before Hurricane Camille hit.  I was going to school for one semester at Pensacola Junior College.  It was an excuse to play in Florida.  After 5 months there, I had had enough.  Too humid, too hot, too red-neck southern.  People used to yell at me from their cars because my hair was too long.  I grew it out after this photo.  They would call me a "Hippie".  I didn't care what they thought.  Rob is still a great, great, friend.  We were drinking the World famous "Hurricane" here.  You got to keep the glass for free.  The photo, though, cost a buck.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, how funny. In this picture you look almost exactly like Kyle. Even Ryan noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, pull up the picture of Kyle holding Felix by the highway from his last blog post and flip between the two photos. It's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I transport back to 1969?

    Was it to save my dad from being a nerd so that he'd get the girl and the guy that used to bully him in the future will now be his lackey?

    It's the only thing that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete