Monday, October 11, 2010

This was the photo that launched my modeling career.  It was the highlight of my early portfolio.  My Mom was approached somewhere in Downtown Chicago with me about my modeling.  She was always very protective and careful about these gigs.  She wanted to make sure it was never work for me.  The truth is I loved modeling.  I liked the attention and there was something about the studio lights that made me feel relaxed.  This is the reason I chose TV for my career, the studio, always felt like home to me.  This photo ran in the Chicago Tribune under the header "Local Casey Jones in National Billboard campaign" or some such nonsense.  I am told I was the consummate professional.  I was always ready, took direction well, and wanted to please the photographer with every take.  1953

No comments:

Post a Comment